- Designed for home theaters
- 3 Front Channels: 250 Watts into 8 Ohms or 300 Watts into 4 Ohms
- 4 Surround Channels: 125 Watts into 8 Ohms or 200 Watts into 4 Ohms
- 3U rack mountable
- Power Guard® and Sentry Monitor™
MI347 7-Channel Digital Amplifier
Edge-Of-Your-Seat Audio Experience
The MI347 7-Channel Digital Amplifier is a dedicated home theater amplifier that delivers an immersive sonic experience that provides a heart-stopping, edge-of-your-seat audio experience in the comfort of your home theater. It uses highly sophisticated closed loop digital switching amplifiers that are paired with extremely robust power supplies that produce audio performance levels rarely heard in home theaters.
Meant to be heard more than seen – such as being installed in an out-of-sight A/V equipment rack, the MI347 has a simplified and understated exterior. But rest assured that the internal circuitry and components have received the full attention of the McIntosh engineers to make you feel like you are part of your favorite movies. With its rack-friendly 3U height, it can easily be installed in your A/V rack via the included rack mounting brackets (the mounting brackets are removable for non-rack installations). But the MI347 is not limited to just rack installations, as it can also be placed out in the open for all to see and enjoy.
In a home theater, the most important audio channels or speakers are the front left, front right, and center channel speaker. These are where a majority of the dialogue and the loudest and most prominent special effects resonate from. As such, the MI347 will deliver 250 Watts at 8 Ohms or 300 Watts at 4 Ohms to each of these three speakers. The MI347's other four channels are meant to drive the still important but less power-hungry surround sound speakers or ceiling speakers. To each of these four channels, the MI347 will deliver a healthy 125 Watts at 8 Ohms or 200 Watts at 4 Ohms.
A highly efficient Class D amplifier, the MI347 does not require noisy cooling fans to maintain nominal operating temperature; it also features an abundance of cooling vents on the top and sides to further assist with heat dissipation. On the front panel, multi-color LED indicators display the status of each channel. On the back, both a balanced and unbalanced input is included for each channel along with our standard 5-way speaker binding posts.
The MI347 can be used with any McIntosh home theater A/V Processor like our MX123, MX180 or rack mountable MX100. If you've got more than 7 audio channels in your home theater, such as with Dolby® Atmos or DTS:X™, you can add our MI254 4-Channel Digital Amplifier or MI128 8-Channel Digital Amplifier (both rack mountable) to deliver McIntosh power to all your home theater speakers.
Other features included with the MI347:
- Power Guard® signal overload technology that prevents overdriving and damaging your speakers
- Sentry Monitor™ short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage should current ever approach unsafe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Power Control to automatically turn other connected McIntosh components on and off
- Eco-friendly on/off signal sensing that turns the unit off if no input signal has been detected for a set amount of time and – perhaps more conveniently – automatically turns the MI347 on when it senses a signal from your home theater processor
The MI347 includes many McIntosh design cues including a black glass front panel, an illuminated McIntosh logo, and a familiar form factor highlighted by silver trim. Contact your local dealer to learn more.